What are the training options and costs?
You can be part of the DOT Webinar Subscription Program (CaaS) for unlimited use, or you can register per webinar, per attendee. If you’re not a part of our DOT Webinar Subscription Program, the cost of attending the webinar is $299 per attendee. For onsite needs, U.S. Compliance experts can also provide custom, DOT Training at your location.
For information and pricing on our DOT Webinar Subscription Program or Onsite DOT Training, please call 888-897-8681 or submit your request by clicking below:
What is the DOT hazardous materials ground shipper training?
DOT HazMat Ground Shipper is training required by the DOT (49 CFR 171-173, 177 & 178) for all employees involved in shipping, preparing to ship, transporting or handling hazardous materials. The training must be repeated every 36 months, and the training must be updated whenever there is a regulation change affecting an employee’s job duties. New employees are required to be trained within 90 days of starting job duties in the applicable areas.
Who needs the training?
- Sign manifests for hazardous materials.
- Load, unload or handle hazardous materials.
- Design, manufacture, fabricate, inspect, mark, maintain, recondition, repair or test a package, container or packaging component that is represented, marked, certified or sold as qualified for use in transporting hazardous material in commerce.
- Prepare hazardous materials for transportation.
- Are responsible, or who supervise employees responsible, for safely transporting hazardous materials.
- Operate a vehicle to transport hazardous materials.
How long are the sessions?
Each session will be approximately 4 hours long.
What topics will the training cover?
- Definition of hazardous materials and HazMat employees
- Health and physical hazards: chemicals, hazard detection and identification
- Basic understanding of hazardous materials
- Requirements during transport
- Security of hazardous materials in storage and shipment
- The hazardous materials table
- Basic packaging requirements, marking and labeling, placarding
- Shipping papers
- Emergency response information
2019 DOT Hazardous Materials Webinar Training (49 CFR 171-173, 177 & 178)
Friday, May 10 – AM
Friday, May 10 – PM
Thursday, July 11 – AM
Thursday, July 11 – PM
Friday, Sept. 13 – AM
Friday, Sept. 13 – PM
Thursday, Nov. 14 – AM
Thursday, Nov. 14 – PM
Note: Each registration needs a unique email address to ensure that the registration is recorded properly. The first and last name noted on the registration will be used on the certificate of completion.
When does registration close?
Registration for each webinar will close one week before the scheduled date to ensure the timely delivery of all reference materials, as well as certificates to be distributed upon completion of the training.
Let’s Get Started!
Want to learn more about our unlimited use DOT Webinar Subscription Program? Just fill out the form below and a U.S. Compliance representative will be in touch within 24 hours with more details.
Send me information on Compliance as a Service and EHS Compliance trends!